Thursday, December 4, 2008
Update on Dexter
My dad called me a couple weeks ago and asked if Dexter could come live with him. I had asked him if he would like to take Dexter right after the bite occurred, but at that time he said no. I guess the more he thought about it, the more he came to realize that a dog would actually be a great companion for him and my grandma (whom is currently suffering from Alzheimer's Disease and living with my dad). I was pretty sad the day that he came to pick Dexter up, but by the next day I was feeling much better. I actually felt a little guilty that I wasn't as sad as I'd expected to be with him gone. We visisted my dad on Thanksgiving, and Dexter really seems to like living there. When we left, he started to follow us out to the car, so I told him to go back into the house, which he did without thinking twice. I watched him through the window as he found a cozy spot on the couch to settle into, he was completely fine. It is also great for my grandma because it gives her something to focus on during the day. Dexter seems to get a lot more attention there than he did here as well. I think that this was the best decision for everyone and I feel so relieved that I don't have to worry about him hurting my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment